Lenten Gratitude

The time has come once again for me to choose a Lenten discipline. This Lent, I'm going to concentrate on Gratitude and throw a little photography into the mix. Each day I'm going to take a photo ... or find one that I've taken ... and write something about it that has to do with Gratitude. I have no idea what this will look like, or whether or not I'll be able to do this daily, but it's my goal. 

And so I begin...



I wake early with too many things to do. 

Remember you are dust, and to dust you shall return.

It's cold and snowy. The cross in front of my house is now adorned in purple solemnity, the new stairs to our new deck in the background. This time last year, there were no stairs, no deck, just a repaired wall that had been going to dust and the promise of a long wait. 

Remember you are dust and to dust you shall return. 

Heading down those stairs I give thanks for the blessings that came with the burden of major home repairs. I feel the love of family members who helped out and friends who cheered along with us when we once again could use our front door. I am grateful for the sawdust that blanketed our lawn through Summer and Autumn as oh so slowly everything took shape. 

Remember you are from dust and to dust you shall return.

Tonight, Ash Wednesday, as ashes are imposed on my forehead, I will give thanks for life's trials, for decay, for rebirth. As I reflect on my imperfections and inadequacies, I will attempt to take in the enormity of God's grace. As I contemplate the ashen cross on my forehead, my heart will sing prayers of thanksgiving for the carpenter who died so that I may live forever forgiven. 

_________________

2. Little Hands
3. Safety
4. Drama
5. Day of Rest
6. Going with the Flow
7. Eight
8. Better Perspective
9. Food
10. Anticipation
11. Claudia
12: Guests
13: Ubuntu
14. Coffee
15: Date with Remi
16: Inspiration
17: Hair
18: Gifts
19: Worship
20. The Cross
21. Covered
22. Creations
23 SPPA Days
24. Share
25 .Energy
26. Planning
27. Registrations
28. Blessings
29. Warmth
30. Rain
31. Amazing Adventures
32. Distractions
33. Enthusiasm
34. Preparations
35. Friends and Freedom
36. Time
37. First Day
38. Fika
39. Illness
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.


Comments

Popular Posts