Friends and Freedom



I love days like today - getting out of the routine, out of the house, and taking time to enjoy the people in my life.

I love it that my homeschooling family has the time to meet up with friends and go to the movies at 10:30AM on a Wednesday - and have the theater to ourselves. I love it that my teen has the freedom to spend four parent-free hours with a friend on a gorgeous day, walking around town, window shopping, talking, and going out to lunch together.  I feel blessed that we've chosen this path for our family, providing opportunities to connect with friends and spend quality time just being. 

Today, I am grateful for friends; for unschooling; for movies that five children and two parents can agree on; for movie theater popcorn; for freedoms our lifestyle affords us; for awesome teens; and for parking lot chats.

Comments

Popular Posts