Illness


I crashed. Hard.

Upon returning from Palm Sunday worship, and the pancake breakfast that preceded it, my body just quit. I could not keep my eyes open. I could not wake myself up fully when my husband got home from work or when my children had questions. I'd fall back to sleep immediately. 

This isn't uncommon for someone dealing with my health issues, but it's happened with such frequency lately that I now get to play the game of Which Autoimmune Illness Is It?

That will have to wait, though, as I track possible other symptoms and wend my way through Holy Week. For now, I'll make sure to take my supplements and medications, balance activity with rest, and concentrate on what's really important.

Today, I am grateful for illness that allows me concentrate on priorities and that teaches me valuable life lessons; children who volunteer to read parts for The Passion and do a great job doing so; for Zachary, who made gluten-free pancakes yesterday for his gf siblings to enjoy at the pancake breakfast this morning; for movie nights with my teens; and for opportunities to be involved in worship throughout the week. 


Comments

Popular Posts