Rain


Listening to Addams Family Musical on our way home from our La Leche League meeting this morning, it began to rain. Alia commented how we could really use the rain, and that it was good that it was raining. I agreed. Windows down, I didn't mind at all that a few drops here and there landed on my arm or hand. 

I've loved watching rain on windows since I was little. I remember riding in the back seat of the car, mesmerized by raindrops racing each other along the window or standing outside under an umbrella watching the splashes of individual raindrops in puddles. I have to admit, I got a bit distracted by the raindrops on the windshield of my van while at a stoplight today. It took a few seconds to come to the realization that the light turned green. 

Today, I am thankful for nourishing rain; for children who like to play in the rain; for another day of open windows; for a wonderful talk with a friend; for a comfy bed in which to rest my pounding head; and for children who delight in simple things.

Comments

Popular Posts