Preparations



I've spent a lot of time this week making preparations...for St. Paul Puppet Academy; for Epoch Arts Homeschool Co-op; for Tuesday Night Sunday School; for the Our Savior Lutheran Church Interpretive Movement Ministry (that needs a shorter name), for singing with the church choir during Holy Week. With all of this going on, I might have forgot about Lent, if it hadn't been for this daily Lenten discipline of gratitude.

But then there was Tuesday Night Sunday School tonight, when I found myself completely centered in Lent, looking forward to Holy Week. For that forty-five minutes, gone were the to-do lists, the I need to's and the I can't forgets. Instead, there was the journey, the Word, the reminder of the darkness from which we've come and the Light that is to come. 

Today, I'm grateful for the calm among the calamity; for the ministry and congregation of Tuesday Night Sunday School; for Words and songs that center me in the Season. and for opportunities to get out of the mundane and into the divine. 

Comments

Popular Posts