Amazing Adventures



Sometimes you just need to have a Girls Day Out.

We - my Mom, Haley, Alia and I - started out with lunch at P.F. Chang's and then successfully navigated to the Connecticut Science Center, where Alia succeeded in expending approximately 87.429 percent more energy than the other three of us combined, and in the process wore every one of us out. From there, we rather circuitously made our way to Dee's One Smart Cookie gluten free bakery for a snack before heading home. It was quite the busy day.

Something amazing happened today. We got a very nice handicapped parking space in the parking garage, right near the elevator. That we parked in the wrong parking garage- a convention center and hotel away from the Science Center - was beside the point. But that's not what was amazing. What was amazing was that I walked all the way to the Science Center, and around all million floors (ok, there are four or five, I think), and back to the car on my own to feet. No crutches, no canes. And my legs are ok. So far, anyway. I'm not sure what I'm going to be faced with in the morning.

For me, this is absolutely amazing. It used to be that I didn't dare venture out without at least a cane with me. And to go to a huge place like the Connecticut Science Center without crutches or a wheelchair is unreal. I have pain, but i'ts not the overwhelming, debilitating pain that I had before having sacroiliac joint injections. 

Today, I am grateful for Alia creating this Girls Day Out out of her Christmas gift from Gramma; for less pain and more mobility; for fun and laughter and good food; for every step I'm able to take; and for pain relief that vastly improves my quality of life. 

Comments

Popular Posts