Better Perspective


Today has been a horrible day. 

I woke up with a migraine. I still have a migraine. I can't do anything to treat it or the pain I'm in because I'm on a liquid diet and am off all medications other than thyroid meds in preparation for an endoscopy and colonoscopy tomorrow. The limited things I can consume are making me feel more ill combined with migraine and the wonderful concoction I need to drink in preparation for tomorrow's procedures. The nausea is horrendous.

But I am grateful!


I am grateful that my husband was able to take the day off of work and take the children to my parents' house for the day (they're on vacation) so that I can have the one and only bathroom in our house to myself. I am grateful that I was able to nap a bit this afternoon. I am grateful for peace and quiet and the ability to watch what I want all day without someone questioning my choices. I am grateful that the nausea cancels out any want or need to eat, as that won't be happening until sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Sometimes horrible days just put the not-so-horrible days into better perspective. 

Comments

Popular Posts