Day of Rest


It was -28 degrees Fahrenheit with the windchill this morning when I got out of bed this morning. My throat raw from a night of waking up coughing every fifteen minutes, I assessed the situation, the week to come, and decided it best to retreat back to bed. Not long after, I had two smallish children in bed with me. 

It's not often we don't go to church, but today I prayerfully made the decision to stay put. A day of rest is what I truly needed on this Sabbath. 

Today, I am grateful for a house that keeps out the snow, electricity that helps us keep warm, afghans lovingly crafted by my Mom, children who still like to cuddle, and a husband who brings me a rose and chocolate because it is, after all, Valentine's Day. I am thankful for a week that includes not only necessary, yet not so pleasant medical testing, but also a two day birthday extravaganza, Alia style, and is ended with homeschool co-op and Mainstage theater fun. 


Comments

Popular Posts