Date with Remi



The day started early. Again. I was up by 6:30 and out the door shortly after 7 for my date with Remi. 

My husband drove through the rain and slush, stopping briefly to pick up a gluten-free breakfast wrap and dirty chai. We parked the car, shared the wrap, and I kissed him before grabbing my chai and heading inside for my long-awaited date. It had been six weeks - a week more than usual- since I'd last hooked up to Remi. 

My Remicade infusions keep me mobile. Without them, I'd spend much more time in bed, on crutches, or in a wheelchair. Excruciating pain would punctuate every movement and exhaustion would overwhelm every moment of my day. My dates with Remi are vital to my quality of life. 

Today, I am thankful for a husband who drives me to my dates with Remi; for my Mom or friend Renee, who pick me up and drive me home so that my husband isn't late for work; for my Mom, who treats us to Five Guys on the way home, making my day easier and keeping my kids for insisting they're still hungry while I'm attempting to nap; for children who let their Mama nap; and for the life-changing results of my dates with Remi. 

Comments

Popular Posts