Anticipation


She's been waiting and wondering for a week. Haley tried out for a play last Saturday, did amazing at her audition, and is counting down the hours until she finds out. One o'clock in the afternoon on Saturday seems so far away from a four o'clock Friday perspective. The anticipation is driving her crazy.

I'm experiencing a different type of anticipation. I have information she doesn't. I am fairly confident I know which part she got and am incredibly excited for her to find out. I'm not going to be the one to tell her. She has to wait until tomorrow when the rest of the cast finds out their parts. The anticipation is killing me. 

Today I am thankful for joyful anticipation; for looking forward to good things to come; for good conversations with friends; for tough conversations with children; and for gluten-free chocolate chocolate chip muffins. 

Comments

Popular Posts