Food


Funny, I wasn't hungry until 5AM, when I couldn't have even a sip of water. I hadn't eaten since dinner on Tuesday and it was now Thursday morning. With just a few hours until my procedures, and then a bit of recovery time afterwards, I knew I'd be eating soon, and that there would be food waiting for me in my fridge and pantry. And it's just a one time thing, so no big deal. 

Many people aren't so lucky. There are children who eat their only meals of the day at school. There are may people who don't know where their next meal is coming from. There is more food produced in the world than needed to feed everyone in the world sufficiently. Everyone. But enough food doesn't get to the people who need it most for many reasons. 

So today, still groggy from sedation, heating up a gluten-free chicken pot pie in the microwave, I packed up some nonperishable food items for the food pantry. If everyone would just grab three or four extra items every they grocery shop and donate them to the food pantry, less people would go hungry. 

Today, I am thankful for procedures that went well; caring medical professionals; food in fridge, freezer, and pantry; the ability to share what we have with others; and for the Blue Bucket Ministry at our church that feeds the local food pantries.

Comments

Popular Posts