This Is What You Get When You're Part of My Family [Adventure]

 

[Adventure 137]

Our second child has a significant other who we consider part of our family. Said significant other recently legally changed their name. Naturally, me being me, I found this cause for celebration. He isn't a huge fan of receiving gifts or surprises. I can't resist giving gifts and at least decorating for the occasion with balloons and rainbowish things. I tried to not go overboard. And besides, I figured, with all the pride flags and rainbows in our house, would he even notice? 

As I was considering what gifts to give this amazing person, I quickly decided on gifting him the prototype for my new Welcome Home signs. He couldn't argue with me gifting something that only cost me time to make. 


A name change, I thought, also deserves personalized items. I'd found a personalized notebook on Amazon when I was ordering other things and it was just a few dollars, so I added it to my order. To go with that, I personalized some other random objects from my house, and a couple treats. Who doesn't like Mike and Isaacs or need a badly personalized ballpoint pen and rubber duck? What makes it even funnier to me is that we continue to call him by his legal middle name, which is not Isaac, so anyone entering my house and seeing a Congratulations Isaac banner might be just a tad bit confused. 

What we're really celebrating is that he legally has a name that better reflects who he is and no longer has to use his deadname for legal and medical things ... which for many trans people is incredibly difficult. 

This is what you get when you're part of my family. Welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts