Burger & Fries & Murder [Adventure]

[Adventure 126]

I just wanted a burger and some fries. 

I woke up in the middle of the night with a hemiplegic migraine, so much pressure in my head, unable to move the left side of my body, barely able to speak, unable to wake my husband sleeping next to me because I couldn't roll over. I was in and out of a fitful sleep until morning. My husband was able to give me my thyroid meds as usual and rouse me enough so I could tell him I needed my migraine medication. I was still having trouble talking. I ate a bit of pudding and took my morning meds and then laid in misery for a while before falling back to sleep. 

Waking several hours later, I felt a bit better. I'd regained much of the movement on my left side, the usual weakness lingering. The left side of my face felt heavy and my left foot was dragging as I tried to walk. I was ravenously hungry, yet too tired to make food. I decided to treat myself to a burger and fries and get extra fries for my horde of children. I used the app to get delivery, placing the order at 11:24AM and waited.

And waited. And waited. And waited. 

Finally I checked the time and it had been over an hour. The original time of delivery was 35 minutes after the order was placed. I checked the update for delivery. Every minute the expected delivery time, still 35 minutes away, went up by a minute. I tried to look up information to contact the third party delivery service, but the only info I could find was the instructions on their website to call the restaurant. Calling the restaurant, they told me, as expected, to contact the delivery service. They confirmed my order had been sitting for an hour and assured me they'd remake it for me when the delivery person arrived.

I searched the internet for a phone number to call, as none of the links provided on the website of the delivery service contained a way to contact the company unless you were a merchant. Finally finding a number and getting a hold of a human, they checked the system, confirmed my order, confirmed that someone was supposed to be picking it up, and put me on hold to take care of things on their end. When they got back to me, they said they had someone on their way to pick it up and were personally tracking the process from their end to ensure I received my order. 

Finally, at 1:07PM, someone was going to pick up my order. An hour and fifteen minutes late. 

Over two hours after I placed my order, I was finally eating my food, which tasted AMAZING seeing as I was ravenously hungry.

What I want to know is what happened to my order? It made it to the restaurant. The restaurant made my food. Did the courier agree to take the order and then just not go? Did something happen to them? All sorts of crazy scenarios played in my mind, as I've been binge watching Criminal Minds for weeks. Were they abducted? Are they a mass murderer who got distracted from picking up my order because they murdered someone? I may never know.

Comments

Popular Posts