Comfy Space [Adventures]

 

[Adventure 145]

There were places I'd go as a child to rest. Not just rest my body, but rest my spirit and my soul. Places of physical and emotional comfort. 

One such place was my grandparents' bed (pictured above) during family gatherings at my Nanna and Grampy's house. It was where coats were piled upon arrival, making for a comfy retreat for a child or two. Overwhelmed by the activity in the house, I would often retreat to the bed to hide amongst the coats for a few moments of peace and quiet or even for a short nap.  


Another favorite was curling up under an afghan with a good book on the couch in a New Hampshire cottage, at my grandparents' house, or at home. Or in a certain shell back armchair that first resided at my grandparents' house and then in our attic for a while, and then in our living room. 

At one point in my childhood, my comfy space was in my closet, where I piled pillows and blankets and created a nest, even bringing a lamp inside to provide enough light to read. 

To me, having a comfy space to which I can retreat when overwhelmed by people, pain, or emotion is essential. These days, finding such a space is definitely an adventure!

Comments

Popular Posts