First Tattoo [Adventure] of 2021

[Adventure 129]

On our way home from Camp Calumet, we made a stop at a friend's house for a visit and to get tattoos. I consider Jake one of my "additional children" and am glad we get to see him every once in a while. 

As seems to happen with our family, things don't always go as planned. The original plan was for Austen to get a butterfly or moth tattoo on their arm and me to get an owl tattoo. Jake informed us that his black in was on order and wouldn't arrive in time. My immediate response was - ok, then we'll have a lot of fun with color! He was totally on board. 

Austen went with a luna moth on their leg and my owl, originally planned as a watercolor and ink, became full color - and only color.

I love it that I have a very talented tattoo artist who enjoys going with the flow and doesn't hesitate when I tell him he's free to use his own creative instincts. I handed him my sketch of an owl with a top hat and he took it from there. All I had to do was sit back and relax and catch up.

I'm writing this twenty-four hours after getting my tattoo and can say that I'm definitely beyond pleased with this newest piece of artwork. I can barely wait to see what it looks like once it's fully healed. I present Sovabagoly - a bard (barred) owl based on my character from a Dungeons & Dragons campaign we started in 2020. 


Austen's luna moth turned out beautifully as well - although their tattooing process was more painful than anything else. Not that you could tell by looking at them. 


Comments

Popular Posts