[Adventures] in Adulting

[Adventure 135]

I don't like it. 

I have a migraine and took migraine medication and now feel weird and still have a migraine but it's not so bad as it was before I took the medication.

Because I'm feeling better-ish, my OCD brain violently suggested that there is adulting to be done. The adulting I was going to do was interrupted by a thirteen year old asking me to bleach his hair. So we watched Criminal Minds and I bleached his hair and then I got to the adulting.

First I emailed a gentle reminder to a pastor that his sermon video for my church's worship video needs to be sent to me over the next couple days.

Then I emailed Alice at Camp Calumet with a couple logistical questions.

Then I emailed Adam at Camp Calumet with different logistical questions.

Doing those three things, even though I know the people on the other end of the emails are perfectly nice and lovely people, was stressful. I sent the three emails one after the other and when I was done I let out some strange sound and the 13 year old asked me if everything was OK. I had to explain how difficult adulting is, and that sending three entire emails in a row was about all the adulting I could manage. 

So I went back to watching Criminal Minds. And designing a Dungeons and Dragons character for an upcoming campaign. And gently reminded myself that I need to ease back into this communicating with other people who I don't usually communicate with thing and not try to conquer all communication at once. 

Comments

Popular Posts