[Adventures] in Keeping Up

 

[Adventure 121]

These days I need a cheat sheet for my children's names. 

Don't get me wrong - it has less to do with their name changes than my inability to produce names at all. I've literally looked a child in the face and said, "who are you?" because my mind was completely devoid of identifying information. Brain fog is great that way.

Other people need a cheat sheet for my children, though. At the moment my thirteen year old (genderfluid, they/them) child is Skye; my fifteen year old (pangender, he/she/they) child is Eris; my nearly nineteen year old (nonbinary, they/them) child is Austen; my nearly twenty-one year old (transgender, she/her) child is Zephyr; and my eldest child retains the name he was assigned at birth, Alex. At least as far as I've heard. I think. My memory isn't so great. 

What's important is that I believe my children when they tell me who they are and what name suits them at this time and what pronouns to use.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      


Comments

Popular Posts