Early Morning [Adventure]

 

[Adventure 124]

The other day I was up early with a to-do list that was probably longer than my ability to be functional. One of the things I needed to do was to drop off food donations at my church. Not looking forward to carrying everything into the church on my own, I asked my fifteen year old if she wanted to help me and maybe pick up some Dunkin' afterwards. He said yes, so off we went.

A few miles down the road it dawned on me that everyone was still sleeping when we left and we left no indication of where we went or that we even left. Oh, well. They could call me if they were concerned.

Arriving at church, unlocked the door and we brought the groceries inside to the food pantry. Soon we were off to the Dunkin' drive thru. A beep from the vehicle behind us revealed that our church administrator - and my friend - was behind us getting breakfast before heading to work. 

As I approached the window to pay, I loaded extra money on my app in order to treat my friend and her son. However, she beat me to it. As I held out my phone to pay, I was informed that the car behind me was paying for my items. Eris - my helper - got treated to breakfast! 

I quickly texted Becky a thank you before pulling out of the parking lot and heading back home to tackle my mile-long list. I'll get her next time, whether she likes it or not! 

Comments

Popular Posts