[Adventures] in Social Media Posts

 

[Adventure 127]

I post things on social media - things such as these blog posts, updates on my life and health, funny things that happen - you know, the usual. I then go back and read some of them, especially when people reply, and realize that I could have added a bit to the end of my statement that would clarify a lot, but perhaps wouldn't be appropriate. For example, to this I could have added...


"Now if I could get through this without puking on the sign, it will be a miracle."

I was not ok that day. Not at all. So I stayed in bed and did what I could from there. Have I mentioned that all my sheets and blankets have paint on them even though I use a vinyl tablecloth to cover everything? And I'm happy to say I did not puke... on the sign at least. 

Or this (can you tell I've been working on signs a lot?)


"...too large to ship because I'm too lazy to find or create boxes for them and in too much pain to haul them to the post office." 

I mean, if someone wanted to pay the large amount of money it would cost to ship one of these, I'd probably figure it out. But if I don't have to, I don't want to. I'd rather take a nap.

People with chronic illnesses often downplay their illnesses in their social media posts or leave out the grosser bits of how we're feeling. I hold back from posting how I'm really feeling or what's really going on in my mind, as much of what I do, how I function, or how I'm dealing with a situation is informed by the fact that I'm exhausted, in pain, and not feeling well every day. It's just a public service I provide. 



Comments

Popular Posts