The Masked [Adventure]

{trigger warning: abuse mentioned} 

[Adventure 214]

I recently saw a cartoon on social media that basically said people are continuing to wear masks because they're afraid to live.

The first thing I don't understand about it is the concept that one isn't living if one is wearing a mask. I seem to be able to function fairly well living my life while wearing a mask considering it took months for me to get to the point where I didn't have a panic attack whenever I put one on. I have a history of abuse that includes being strangled into unconsciousness and raped, so, yeah, having something over my mouth and nose isn't my favorite.

I wear a mask so that I can live. And so that others can live. 

I also wear a mask because not everyone who gets the vaccine gets immunity from it.

And because there are children and cancer patients and chronically ill people and others who can't get the vaccine need to be protected.

And because even though I'm vaccinated I can still carry the disease to others. 

And so many other reasons. 

I wear a mask because I want EVERYONE to live. 

Believe it or not, wearing a mask doesn't impede living your life ... but not wearing one could be the cause of someone else not being alive to live theirs.

You wear a seatbelt to keep you safe. You can wear a mask.
You wear shoes to keep you safe. You can wear a mask.
You wear a life vest to keep you safe. You can wear a mask.
You obey traffic laws and other laws that keep you and other people safe. You can wear a mask. 
If all sorts of people in all sorts of professions can wear masks (doctors, woodworkers, chemical engineers, firefighters), you can wear a mask.

None of these impede living you life, and will, in fact, let you live your life - and let others live theirs - more fully. 

Comments

Popular Posts