[Adventures] In Creating New

[Adventure 220]

If memory serves, we got the matching dresser and vanity from my Aunt Mary's house after she died. They eventually became mine - the dresser in my childhood, the vanity as a teen. When I moved out, they moved with me. 

The vanity is now serving as a desk for my thirteen year old. 

The dresser, though, was having issues. The drawers were not so sturdy, the dresser itself was scuffed and scratched and in need of a little TLC. I had the time, but very little energy and no funds, to work on the exterior of the dresser, but the drawers were out of my ability to fix. I had an idea of what I wanted to use the dresser for as I was rearranging our dining/gaming/craft room, but needed a bit of assistance.

After my husband did some necessary sanding, I mixed a little black paint with water, making a wash, and lightly "blackwashed" the dresser. Describing what I intended for the dresser, my husband then took the drawers and made and installed dividers. The dividers served their intended purpose as well as helping to stabilize the drawers. 

We moved the dresser into place and stacked some books and other objects on top of it. The nine of us will each choose a section of a drawer to store our dice and other Dungeons & Dragons necessities. The top drawer will house scenery pieces and the top will house minifigures that aren't in use. 


The dresser that's older than I am has new life as the central repository of all things Dungeons & Dragons in our house. 

Comments

Popular Posts