Doctor [Adventure]

[Adventure 221]

I have lots of doctors ... primary, endocrinologist, gastroenterologist, hepatologist, neurologist, rheumatologist, cardiologist ... and sometimes so many appointments I can barely keep straight which hospital / office / location I'm going to.

I recently started seeing a new rheumatologist as my first rheumatologist went to prison for committing medicaid fraud (and he falsified my records to hide it!) and my second left his practice. This new doctor is minutes from my house, asked a bunch of questions, addressed my concerns, and is running tests, getting all my records from my former rheumatologist, and is going to work with me to piece together just what's going on with me. 

Nearly a dozen vials of blood drawn, release forms signed, I now wait a few weeks for everything to come in and be reviewed and then return to the rheumatologist to see what answers she can provide and what treatment might work better for me. 

I'm cautiously hopeful that this particular doctor adventure will help me find the path to better health.

Comments

Popular Posts