Should Be [Adventure]

 


[Adventure 226]

I should be doing a lot of things. 

I should be doing dishes; cleaning up the living room; creating newsletter content for a refugee resettlement ministry; responding to texts and messages and emails; making phone calls; handling medical stuff; and the hundred other things I've forgotten about. 

But I'm not.

I'm sitting in bed, debating whether or not to take migraine medication again today. I can take a limited amount per month, so it's a decision I don't make lightly. I'm sitting in bed attempting to prioritize the urgency of the things that need to be done. I may not have the energy or pain tolerance to do much more today. I'm sitting in bed writing and watching Bones and procrastinating because I know just how much my body is going to hurt as I attempt to get things done. I'm sitting in bed, just wanting to sleep to dull the pain. Instead I escape into words and thoughts and bones. 


Comments

Popular Posts