It Was Meant to Be: An [Adventure]

[Adventure 232]

After my Aunt Mary died, we went to our house to pick up some furniture. I vaguely remember this excursion, mostly remembering being thrilled that we were taking home two fancy pieces of furniture and a treasure chest. 

The "treasure chest" lived in our upstairs hallway for a good portion of my childhood, housing extra blankets and comforters. 

The dresser (which I talked about in a previous blog post) eventually became mine, and the mirror-less vanity (pictured above) was used as a desk by my father as he started his computer consulting business and eventually ended up in my room - and then in my possession. 


The other day, my thirteen year old and I stopped at Goodwill on our way to an appointment and within thirty seconds of entering the building, they found a piece of furniture that looked very familiar. It had similar woodwork and the same knobs and pulls. It was a smaller version of the vanity/desk that we had just moved into their room for their use. And it came with a mirror. 

For just $20, we took this gem home and set it up in Onyx's room. They were thrilled. Immediately their sibling brought makeup supplies over and the two of them began organizing - this vanity now acting as the central hub for all things makeup related. 

I'm not sure what we originally went to the thrift store to purchase. All I know is that this little gem was sitting there waiting for us. It was meant to be.


Comments

Popular Posts