[Adventures] In Time


[Adventure 237]

I have no concept of time.

I'll say something like, "The other day ..." and my children will stop me and ask if this "other day" was a few days, weeks, months, or years ago. There are times I respond that it's just a couple weeks ago, only to be informed that it was actually over a year ago. Or I'll think something happened a year ago and it was actually last month.

My past is a blur, with specific images or memories that come into focus when I think about different things. There is no timeline. I can't tell you if something happened in 1984 or 1991. I might be able to tell you my approximate age when something happened, but not always. 

I find it stunning that when I look through the photos on my phone - there are way too many of them - that I think something happened before something else or between a couple of events, but am proven wrong by photographic evidence.

And then there are the times that healthcare providers ask about the timeline of my illnesses and I get thoroughly confused. I can tell you the progression of symptoms, the medications I took and in what order, but not when I had certain MRIs or other tests done.

It's strange living in my time-fluid world. I can have the perception that the week has taken forever, yet think something that happened a week ago happened yesterday. But it also makes life an adventure!

Comments

Popular Posts