It's Always a Hair [Adventure] Around Here

[August 233]

This is what happens in our house on a regular basis: a child says something like "I want to color my hair." or "I want shorter hair." and then the next day ... or the next minute ... we're on our way to make it happen.

Eris had long hair, but also had a habit of forgetting to brush it and not spending enough time rinsing the shampoo out of it in the shower. They decided that shorter hair would be more manageable and wanted a new look as well. So, out came the hair cutting scissors. 

Their younger sibling cut off the first of two ponytails, leaving the second to me. 

Then I even things out and Eris took a look. They wanted it a little shorter, so shorter we went. Then a little more, and more, until we finally got it the length they wanted. 

Then I washed their hair in the sink, first doing a baking soda rinse, then clarifying shampoo, then conditioner. We still have a bit to go on the hair repair side of things, but I think the cut looks fantastic on them, if I do say so myself. 

Comments

Popular Posts