Waiting for [Adventure]

 


[Adventure 335]

It amuses me - probably more than it should - that this is today's word. 

Wait.

Let's just pause for a moment and read the archaic noun definition of wait. I love the concept that Christmas carolers singing on the street are ...or should I say were ... called a wait. 

Then there's the verb - to be eagerly impatient. Many of us hate to wait ... but for me, I've made a bit of an art out of waiting. I spend much time waiting - in doctor's office waiting rooms (think of that - rooms designed especially for waiting!); waiting on hold, waiting for test results, waiting for appointments, waiting in line..

Today will be a day of waiting. I have testing for a possible cerebrospinal fluid leak, which will require much waiting. I get pledgets placed in my nose in one department and then go to another building for the rest of the day. I then wait to get my lumbar puncture and radioactive dye injection and lay flat and wait for an hour before I can be upright. I then go to get a scan. And then I wait and get another scan a couple hours later. And then I wait and get another scan a couple hours later. And then I wait and get another scan a couple hours later. And then I go home and wait until the next day for another scan (and to get the pledgets removed) and then I wait until the day after that to get another scan. And then I wait for who knows how long for the results and consultations with other doctors and for a plan moving forward.

Truly my Advent is going to be a time of waiting. 


Comments

Popular Posts