The [ADVENTure] in Sharing What I Believe

 

[Adventure 340]

When thinking about how I share what I believe with others, 1 John 3:18 jumped to mind...

Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action. 

This is how I share my faith as well. I share what I believe by doing my best to be the example of what I believe. 

Recently, someone from the refugee resettlement ministry I volunteer with asked me how I got into refugee resettlement. I told them that the administrator of the ministry spoke at my church and, despite my logical brain saying I was doing enough volunteering at the time, I was propelled from my seat and down the hall after her as she was leaving to let her know I'd be happy to join the ministry. It was completely out of my comfort zone, but something I felt compelled to do.

Believe is a verb - an action - something you live out loud. 

For me, sharing what I believe through words only goes so far - living out my faith is what has the greatest impact and what best shares the message that is God's love for all people. 

Comments

Popular Posts