Comforting [Adventure]

 

[Adventure 354]

When I think of comfort, being and feeling cared for comes to mind. Not just words of support spoken or typed, but actions of doing something to bring me comfort: my husband bringing me a heating pad every morning and evening ... curling up with a good book or movie and a hot beverage ... a friend dropping off a treat on a day they know I'm not doing well ... someone genuinely asking me how I'm doing ... people holding space for me when I'm sad instead of telling me not to be sad or immediately trying to cheer me up. 

When I think of comfort, knowing everyone is safe comes to mind. And having answers for health issues and being together with people I love and knowing others are cared for.

When I think of comfort, I think of days when I don't have to do a million things and can truly rest. I also think of the rare days when I come home from the emergency room after a health crisis and am on pain medication and get a break from the constant debilitating pain I'm in every day. I no longer remember what it is to be free of pain, but being in less pain brings me immense comfort, at least for a moment. 

When I think of comfort, I think of feeling like I'm home ... which usually has more to do with the people I'm with than the place. 


Comments

Popular Posts