The Blessed [Adventure]

 

[Adventure 344]

Blessings abound in my life, but sometimes I have trouble seeing them. Pain often clouds my ability to appreciate those around me and the blessings they are in my life. It is actually amazing the amount of support my friends and family offer when I'm going through particularly rough times. 

This was evident when I was going through a couple days of medical testing. The messages of support that were posted as I updated my medical journey truly uplifted my spirit and helped me through the rougher parts of the testing. It was a true blessing to be able to check in and see all the words of encouragement and support. 

Another blessing has been my children's ability to be flexible and celebrate Christmas a week early, as it's when their aunt and cousins and other aunt are all available to celebrate. They are also eager to spend "actual Christmas" with Gramma and Papa in some fashion, even though we're going to our daughter's fiance's family's house later in the day. 

The biggest blessing today is the New Start CT 10K: Race Against Time. For the past couple months we've been racing against time to raise $10,000 ($10K) to help with New Start Ministry CT's efforts to resettle an evacuee family of four (soon to be five!) from Afghanistan. (There's still time to donate! https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=8YVYHRG8QSEHJ) 

Over 100 people signed up to not run, walk, or roll a 10K...or to do it if they wanted. Or to nap their way through. Other people chose not to join the 10K, but to donate time, talents, or make a financial contribution.

The generosity I've witnessed, the kind words and words of encouragement shared, the excitement on the faces and in the voices of the New Start Ministry members as we give updates, and the photos shared have been a true blessing. 



Comments

  1. Many individuals are not worth befriending; the next man is often a stumbling block.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts