The [ADVENTure] That Is Sharing

 

[Adventure 342]

Someone said to me the other day that if they share, they have less, and they can't get by with less because what if something bad happens and they need that portion they shared. 

I used to think and live this concept in many ways. I held onto things just in case I might need them someday. I worried about finances constantly and gave the bare minimum when I felt I had no other choice. We were struggling financially, but I'm sure we had more to share than I felt I could give.

We're not doing spectacularly financially at the moment, either, with medical expenses, bills upon bills, funding our homeschooling adventures, and seemingly everything breaking around us. Nevertheless, I feel like I have a lot to share with others. 

Sharing doesn't have to be a financial strain. I share my time and talents with others on a regular basis. I'm willing to learn new things in order to be able to lessen others' burdens. 

If you're capable of standing, you can share your seat with someone who might need a rest.

You can skip your latte this morning and hand a homeless person $5 instead. 

You can use your talents to help an organization or ministry that needs your skills. 

You can share your time ... one single organization with which I volunteer needs people to donate their time providing childcare to an adorable 3 year old, giving ESL lessons, driving a family to appointments, taking a family on fun outings, and more. 

You can send holiday cards to members of the military, to children in the hospital, to nursing home residents ... all from the comfort of your home. 

We all have plenty to share with others, if we just take the time to look around and see others' needs for kindness and compassion.


Comments

Popular Posts