Questionable [Adventure]

[Adventure 183]

As he filled out the questionnaire, he kept up a running commentary. Some of the things said included:

"What's all this he/she when they is a perfectly good pronoun?"

"What do they think I am, a psychopath?"

"Who would DO that?"

"I would make the time - I'm not rude!"

"It says RIGHT NOW and none of these are right now questions."

"This could mean so many things!"

"This isn't even a question."

"Who thinks like that?"

"People make mistakes. That's not a bad thing. It's a learning experience."

"Grades? Why do people care so much about "good grades?" C is average. Average! So maybe you're average in something. That's not bad. Maybe you're below average at something. That's not bad either. Different people have different interests and talents. I wouldn't feel any worse if I failed than I would if I was above average. There are some things I just don't find interesting so why would I remember anything about them? So disagree... Great. Now they're going to think I don't care about learning."

"What does that even mean?"

"I've read the first sentence seven times. The words, in that order, don't make sense to me. Am I missing something here?"

"Is the carpet new? Is it white? I need more information!"

And there was much laughter. 

Needless to say the twenty minute task took longer than that. 

Comments

Popular Posts