A Little Christmas [Adventure]

[Adventure 211]

Anyone who knows me knows I love Christmas. 

If I was allowed, I'd watch Christmassy movies and listen to Christmassy music all year round. I may have infected some of my children with the Christmas yen, as on July 25th one of them exclaimed, "It's Christmas!" and it was somehow immediately decided by that child and myself that Christmas movies were allowed for the week and that the baking of Christmas cookies would happen. 

The next day, I made sugar cookie dough, but then had a million things to do and no energy left for cookie baking by the time errands were done. The day after, it was said child's turn to make dinner, so we ended up working together to make an out-of-the-box dinner that smacked of Christmas - sugar cookies, pumpkin bread, bacon (because bacon) and some of us even had some hot chocolate. 

While Onyx rolled and cut out the dough and I decorated the cookies with colored sugars, we watched the latest Call the Midwives Christmas Special. 

A little Christmas was just what I needed to lift my spirits. 

Comments

Popular Posts