Laundry Can Be An [Adventure]

[Adventure 199]

I did so much laundry while on "vacation." 

So much.

On our first laundry outing, I knew my body wasn't up for lifting and transferring and carrying all the laundry generated by five people over the course of five days, so I insisted on the presence of the (adult) children. I also was making a run to the store and for good food that day, so should they want yummy Wicked Fresh food and to purchase anything, they needed to help with laundry first. 

The young adults were helpful. At first. Somewhere along the way they seemed to forget that we were at the laundromat. I sent multiple texts requesting help. I told them I nearly died and they didn't believe me. Apparently I'm overly dramatic that way and announce that I nearly died several times a day.

Just two days later, I was back at the laundromat. I left the others back at Camp. I lugged the soggy clothes and towels and a giant blanket into the laundromat and swooped in on the large washers as someone was removing their laundry from them. Perfect timing. 

Clothes in one, towels in the other, I set the timer on my phone and retreated to my van. I began watching a movie and sipped the macchiato I'd purchased on my way there. My timer went off and I switched the laundry to the big dryers and paid for the maximum amount of time (and minimum time I thought it would take to dry things). I then went across the street to get a breakfast burrito and returned to watch more of the movie while I ate a delicious and greatly-needed breakfast. 

The third time was just three days later. The rain was really doing us in. Towels and washcloths were at a premium. This time, my husband helped and things went fairly smoothly.

The fourth was another three days later. I was at a loss trying to figure out how so many towels were being used on a daily basis. It was pouring rain. I was once again on my own. With so. much. laundry. It was Friday and I'd just done laundry on Tuesday. How the heck does Camp laundry work, anyway? 

Once again, I swooped in on the two large washers as someone was finishing up with them. I set my phone timer and retreated to my van to work on tattoo drawings. Upon returning to the washers, there was a couple setting up camp nearby, ready to fill the washers as soon as I was done. The big dryers were being emptied by a team of laundry-doers and I was able to transfer my clothing in the nick of time. 

Three large storage bins filled to the brim with clothes and towels safely lugged to the van in the pouring rain, I was finally on my way, thinking my laundry adventures had finally come to an end.

And then we got home on Sunday night and on Monday I discovered three large bins of laundry awaiting my attention.

Comments

Popular Posts