[Adventures] of Rerrick The Imaginary Dog


[Adventure 195]

It all started because Camp Calumet is having a fundraiser and community builder called Walk the Walk. I signed up to walk (roll, crutch, paddle, whatever), as did most of my children and most of my children's significant others. As a benefit of signing up, we get the Walk the Walk edition of this year's Camp Calumet t-shirt. The thing is, dogs can walk, too. And dogs get a bandanna. And I want a bandanna and a t-shirt. But I don't have a dog.

So I asked the question - "can I sign up an imaginary dog?" I got laughs as a response. I took that as encouragement, as one who wants a Walk the Walk dog bandanna does. I talked with my children about this. They humored me. One...and his friend... started coming up with names. One said Derek. One said something that started with an R like Robert or Rupert or something. Then they combined them into Rerrick. I'm not sure why Rerrick has two rs and an ick instead of a rek, but is just seemed to me like how an imaginary dog would spell it.

So I signed up Rerrick the Imaginary Dog as Elmo the actual dog's service dog. Elmo is mostly blind and deaf, so it seemed logical that he might need a service dog. And you can imagine how exceedingly difficult it is to track miles walked by an imaginary dog, so we will go by miles walked by Elmo the actual dog. Elmo is Fynn's dog, so this shouldn't be too difficult a task. 

Of course, Rerrick needed to joint the Walk the Walk facebook group, so they set up their own real Facebook account. 

And made their first post in the group...


 And now I'm wondering what I've gotten myself into...



Comments

Popular Posts