Welcome Home [Adventure]

[Adventure 109]

My husband and I make things, mainly to raise money in order to sustain the volunteer things we do and support our favorite camp.

Last year while at Camp Calumet, we displayed a sign we'd originally made for a few friends and family members at our cabin and it ended up being requested as a fundraising incentive and got a bit of attention on their facebook page and on the livestream they were doing for their One Day Campaign. We ended up getting "orders" for more signs, which funded our family's participation in the Reach the Beach Walk fundraiser for Camp Calumet, the Run4Camp fundraiser, and so much more. 

The other day as I was scrolling through social media and saw post after post of LGBTQIA+ people not feeling loved or worthy or valued...so many people who didn't think they matter to people, are important, or are valid. I found myself responding time after time telling them that they are loved, they are valid, they are enough - that I'm glad they exist. I realized that I want people who enter my house (you know, when people can do that again) to know that when they are here, they are all those things ... and that they're home. So I made another sign.  

It's my hope that we can spread more love, more positivity, more acceptance ... and help sustain our participation in volunteer activities and do our part to support the camp we love so much and that is such an accepting place for our LGBTQIA+ youth.

If you'd like to get our original WELCOME sign or our new WELCOME HOME sign, you can get on the list here: https://forms.gle/ZtSHNDs1GopV8F2K8

Comments

Popular Posts