Panic-ridden [Adventure]

[Adventure 102]

Every once in a while I panic and do something without thinking. 

Last year I panic-bought a mini fridge at 2AM as we were getting ready to go to Quarancamp because I was worried about being able to accommodate the food we needed for our time away. It was actually a very useful panic purchase, as we found out shortly thereafter that our plug-in cooler wasn't working. 

A couple months ago I panic-bought gluten free chicken nuggets, chicken fingers ... any gluten free breaded chicken product I could find ... because I hadn't been able to find them in the grocery store in over a month. I didn't consider the possibility that they would have every type of gluten free breaded children product on the day of my online order, nor did I think about the amount of space that didn't exist in our freezers. 

Just the other day I somehow both panic-bought three gluten free pizzas after dialing the restaurant's number before a decision had been made about what two types of pizza we were sharing and later panic-scheduled a covid-19 vaccination appointment for Austen. I was checking for available appointments and was about to give up when an appointment became available. Without looking at date or time, I clicked on the appointment and confirmed it. After the fact, I discovered that it was for the next morning, two hours before a medical appointment for myself, which was in the opposite direction from my home as the vaccine appointment. 

And then, when someone was on their way to measure for installation of new windows, I panic-crafted. My bed, which is in our living room, was a mess and I didn't have the energy to make it look good, so I put a vinyl tablecloth over it, got out my paint supplies, and started painting signs. 

Most of my panic-made actions have turned out for the best. The fridge was and has been very greatly needed; the chicken products have since been enthusiastically consumed; one child ate an entire pizza without batting an eyelash; I painted boards for one sign by the time the contractor arrived, and, although the vaccine appointment had a few hiccups, it was all for the best. 



Comments

Popular Posts