[Adventure] In Not Remembering

[Adventure 99]

I sat here for a good ten minutes staring at the post title trying to figure out what I was going to write about. I typed the title, got interrupted, and then, by the time I got back to writing this post, had forgotten what it was that I was going to say. Which is great considering the subject matter. 

I finally remembered, much like what happened after I somehow hid six Easter eggs in my house and forgot where one of them was hidden. Luckily they were plastic. And luckily the egg was found when I finally gave up and hopped in the shower so we wouldn't be late for church and several members of my family assisted the child who was missing their egg in looking for it. At least I did a good job hiding it. Apparently hiding a blue egg behind a blue led light in a Harry Potter tree (I need to remember to write that post as soon as I figure out how to not have the Harry Potter figures be upside down) makes it nearly impossible to see. Some might say it was like magic. 

I guess it was actually nothing like that situation, as I have zero recollection of hiding the egg there. I'd blame it on the fact that it was nearly 1AM when we were hiding eggs and I was in pain and exhausted, but I'd have forgotten in mid-afternoon as well. Like when we hid eggs for my children again at Gramma and Papa's house. 

My short-term memory is shot. I ask a question, get an answer, ask it again, and then remember the person already answered it. I put down my phone and eventually realize I haven't checked it in ages and then can't find it and have to have one of my kids call it. I watch a movie with my husband and then a few weeks later suggest the same movie, swear I haven't seen it, then remember having seen it ten minutes in. 

For all I know, I could have written a blog post about this already. If so, just ignore this post. Or, if you have short term memory issues as well, don't worry - you won't remember reading this post at all...or at least not until the next post I write about my lack of short-term memory. 

Comments

Popular Posts