[Adventures] In the New Waiting Room

[Adventure 94]

Waiting rooms are no longer for those waiting for people who are in the medical office for an appointment. Due to covid-19, I find myself waiting in my van for my children to get out of medical or dental appointments or for a friend to get a medical procedure. 

I had perfected the art of waiting in waiting rooms. I would bring books to read, pad and pen or pencil for writing or tattoo sketching, and earbuds to listen to music or watch videos. I knew which waiting rooms allowed beverages and which had a table and chairs suitable for me to work on costumes while I waited.

I have amassed sufficient skills to transfer my knowledge to van waiting. In addition, van waiting has perks. I can have both a beverage of my choice and snacks. I don't have to use headphones. I can enjoy the weather, open windows, relax in the breeze. I can take a nap if I so choose. I can people watch, squirrel watch, or bird watch. In some cases, I can even go on a field trip to the store and then go back to van waiting. 

Now that my children are older, I might van wait when necessary even when waiting room waiting is once again possible. 

Comments

Popular Posts