[Adventure] In Planning for Uncertainty

 

[Adventure 92]

I'm trying to plan our summer vacation. 

Basically the plan at this point is that we have one campsite for sixteen days and an undetermined number of people are going to inhabit that campsite for nine to sixteen days depending on different factors. I will inhabit said campsite for the full sixteen days. My husband will definitely join me for the last nine days, along with at least one of our children. We could have up to six teens/young adults and two adults there the last weekend we're there, and up to five teens/young adults and two adults the last week we're there and up to four teens/young adults and one adult there for the first week. We may opt for getting a second, adjoining campsite for some or all of the time depending on the number of people who commit to going. 

Or I could potentially end up alone in our campsite for the first week. I'm not sure if that would be a bad thing or a good thing. I'd eat out a lot. I'd read and relax and play my ukulele and spin poi and take naps. The only issue I can foresee is if there's a thunderstorm. I greatly dislike thunderstorms. I would be forced to call my parents (who are staying in a cabin at camp the same week) and ask if I could sleep in their room. As if I was six, not forty-six. 

However, since nearly everyone in my family absolutely loves Camp Calumet, I'm sure I won't have much alone time there. I'm assuming we'll be cramming my fifteen passenger van full of supplies and people, setting up three tents on two adjoining campsites, cooking huge meals over the campfire, and saving up lots of money for the meals we eat out!

I suppose the only part of my plan that I can actually plan is the list of supplies I'll need to pack. So I guess I'll get started on that.

Comments

Popular Posts