[Adventures] in Falling In Love Again

[Adventure 116]

I've been struggling a lot lately. My mental health isn't all that great and my physical health is abysmal. My pain levels are out of control and there's nothing I can do, which greatly affects my mental health. 

One of the things I've been trying to do when my obsessive compulsive worst-case-scenario mind wants to wallow in self-pity is to be mindful of the good and the hopeful and the love that is happening around me. 

The other day I realized I needed to get tickets for a performance my middle child's girlfriend is in. I took a poll of my children and texted my husband to see who wanted to attend. Here's part of the exchange I had with my husband:

It really touched my heart that he includes the so's (significant others) of our children in his decision as to whether or not he wants to attend a play. He's not nearly as into going to theater performances as many of our children and I, but that he is all in for supporting one of our "additional" children makes me fall in love with him all over again. 

People ask how we do it when we mention we've been married for over twenty-five years. It's the ability to recognize the little things that touch our hearts and allow us to fall in love with each other over and over again.

Comments

Popular Posts