Annoying [Adventure]

 

[Adventure 98]

It was 12:30AM Easter morning and I still hadn't hidden the Easter eggs for the morning's Easter egg hunt as requested by the youngest child. We hide plastic eggs to play it safe and so we don't have to get up before dawn to hide them. Usually I put something in the eggs - clues to find the Easter treats or some sort of puzzle to put together to reveal an Easter surprise. This year, I had no plan. I had a basket full of candy and zero ideas. And I was exhausted. 

I looked on my computer to see if there were files from years past that I could update and use. Then I came across the annoyance tickets template from a mainstage production some of my children were in called Paper Giants. In the play, the tickets were given to anyone who went against the rules of society in the City of All Things Bright and Good. We had just been talking about the play, so I thought it would be fun to give the children annoyance tickets in the bigger of the Easter eggs. There were six eggs and six children, so it worked perfectly. 

The annoyance tickets were for annoyances as follows:

Skye: Possession of a handful of gender fluid. (Long story involving a water-filled glove from Camp Calumet 2017 that is still in their possession and non-binary / pangender jokes.)

Eris: Changing their name before their maternal unit is fully in compliance with the name change of their younger sibling.

Austen: Stealing a hairstyle from the late 80's and making it look amazing.

Fynn: Cheese. Something about cheese.

Zephyr: Dishes. So many dishes.

Alex: Putting a D&D game on pause for an excruciating amount of time.

If you could give your family annoyance tickets, what would they be for?

Comments

Popular Posts