Some [Adventures] Aren't Mine to Share

[Adventure 246]

I've been on some exciting, amazing, or nerve-wracking adventures this year. Some adventures have calmed fears, some have provided clarity, some were cause of great celebration, and some have let someone know they are valid, valued, and loved. 

I'd love to tell you about these adventures, but they aren't mine to share. They are other people's adventures, others' stories. They don't belong to me. 

Often we become part of someone else's adventure in one fashion or another. There is a tendency to then claim their adventure as our own and share their story with others when it's not our place to do so. It's especially difficult to keep others' stories to ourselves when the experience is exciting or dramatic or especially worrysome. 

In holding these adventures with which I've been entrusted close, I protect those to whom they belong or allow the adventurers time to bring them to light in their own time. 

Comments

Popular Posts