September [Adventure]


[Adventure 248]

By mid-August I'm done with Summer. September hits and I long for the coziness that Autumn brings. Some people get upset when pumpkin spice arrives with a month left of Summer. Not me. 

It's not because I believe pumpkin spice is a flavor that should be available year round - it's because I know it's a harbinger of cozy things to come. I just can't feel cozy when it's sweltering - or in air conditioning. I yearn for a cool Autumn day, window by my bed open, hot beverage in my favorite mug, curled up with a good book, snug in my bed. 

I long for days I can leave the house without breaking into a sweat between my back door and my van door; when hiking comes with greater ease and more colorful views; when we look forward to Haunted House and Halloween and all things Autumn. 

And so I go thrift shopping and purchase sweaters, cozy blankets, and flannels. I stop for a pumpkin spice macchiato on my way home. And then I curl up in bed with a good book or to take a nap and dream of cozier days to come. 

Comments

Popular Posts