Renaissance [Adventure]

 

[Adventure 273]

When I texted the horde of teens and young adults in my life asking who wanted to go to the Renaissance Faire, most of them replied with an enthusiastic Yes! 

Arriving at the Faire, the children went their own ways while my husband and I made our way from booth to booth. 

One shop in particular caught my eye - Modern Artifice, a shop we'd seek on TikTok that sells dice and other interesting things. We stopped by and chatted a bit with the owner. Soon our children found us there. We all oohed and aahed over the amazing dice, and some of us got free resin dice after duetting Modern Artifice's TikTok. 


We went on to explore the rest of the Faire, together and separately. At one point we purchased the first round of pickles. Then we went to find lunch, and purchased $25 worth of lemonade in the process.


The bees and wasps wanted in on our lunch. The sheer number of uninvited guests was astounding.

Some then went off to see a show while others continued exploring the Faire. We all somehow ended up back at Modern Artifice within minutes of each other. Mal and Fynn bought dice. Jim and I bought dice (for Jim and Alex) and a chainmail dice bag (for Eris). Onyx bought dice and a pin. Sophia bought a pin as well. 

Right before we left we purchased additional pickles. And more lemonade. 

When people ask what I got at the Ren Faire, that's my answer: pickles and lemonade. I did come home with a free set of dice from Modern Artifice, though!

Comments

Popular Posts