Not Normal Normal [Adventure]

[Adventure 263]

Life is far from back to normal, but we decided, for now, to do something normal-ish. Which doesn't feel normal, if that makes any sense.

This past Tuesday night, my husband and I made our way to church for choir rehearsal - the first in nineteen months. It was just five of us in our sanctuary, windows open, masks on. I wore an N95 to be extra safe. 

It was wonderful to get out our choir music and to sing, even if it was just four people singing. It was great to spend time with my husband, just the two of us, on the car ride there and back. 

We'll be doing it again next week. And the next. Hopefully for a while to come. 


The funny thing is, we don't always go to church. I'm not one hundred percent comfortable being around that number of people. Nevertheless, we'll be there for the celebration days for which we're singing and I'll make it work to ensure I'm being as safe as I can be. 


Comments

Popular Posts