Pan[Adventure]

 

[Adventure 78]

I have a child who has said since they could talk that they weren't sure if they were a boy or a girl. We never pushed them to define who they are. 

This child has recently discovered the term pangender and that it fits well with what they are experiencing. A pangender person is a person whose gender identity is not limited to one gender and who may feel like a member of all genders at the same time.

His entire life she's said that their gender is "undecided" and I'm delighted that (although labels are not necessary) he's claimed an identity as their own. And that I get to use all their pronouns in one sentence. 

One benefit of having a pangender child - I can't misgender them or use the wrong pronouns. That doesn't mean that I'll get their name correct, even though they still use the name they were given at birth. I couldn't even get my five children's names straight before any of them changed. 

Comments

Popular Posts