An [Adventure] In Not Being Appreciated

 

[Adventure 64]

I often speak out against racism, homophobia, transphobia, ageism, ableism, etc. These days it seems I do so more than ever, especially on social media. 

I've been told that the covid-19 vaccine is designed to destroy people's immune systems in order to kill off a large percentage of the world population in the next ten to fifteen years and that I'm a sheep for wanting to get the vaccine and get my children vaccinated. My response that I'd rather have ten to fifteen more years than ten to fifteen more days should I get covid-19, as it or its treatment would likely kill me, was not appreciated.

I've been told that my LGBTQIA+ family members (which would include me) are going to hell. My theologically sound and cited response was not appreciated. Neither was a second response, including that it's too late for the whole you're going to hell thing anyway, seeing as if being pansexual (or transgender, or nonbinary or whatever) was a sin (which it isn't), Jesus already died on the cross for me, so I'm forgiven - no strings attached. 

I've been told that I drink too much coffee. It was not at all appreciated that I pointed out that I don't drink coffee. I drink espresso-based beverages. 

I've been told that God doesn't like that I have tattoos. The person who told me this did not appreciate it when I responded that God doesn't like it when people judge other people, as it's God's job to judge, not ours. 

I've been told that my support of refugees coming into this country and my support of narcan being free are somehow wrong because we need to take care of people in our country and diabetic people who need insulin. I doesn't seem appreciated when I suggest that perhaps we can help both refugees and people in our country; both diabetics and drug addicts; and that one life isn't somehow more valuable than another because one is from one place and one from another - or one has one illness and the other a different illness. 

Comments

Popular Posts