Covid Vaccine [Adventure]


[Adventure 83]

I didn't think I'd be as emotional as I was. 

Standing in line on my dot that was six feet from my neighbors' dots, mask on my face, my husband at my side, tears welled in my eyes as I took in what was about to happen. I didn't think I'd get emotional over getting a covid vaccine, but there I was, trying not to be a complete wreck in public. 

I hadn't slept much the night before due to pain and anxiety. I woke up with a migraine and was slow getting ready. Once we figured out where to park and where to go, we were greeted by friendly faces as we registered and were instructed as to what was next in the process. We made our way down one floor, then got in line to get our vaccines. We were able to go together to receive the Pfizer vaccine and then went to the observation room to wait out the remainder of our fifteen minutes post-vaccine before heading home. My husband had taken a couple hours off of work to get the early morning vaccine, and we had plenty of time before he had to get to work, so we stopped for an iced macchiato for me on the way home. 

He was off to work and I settled in for a nap, in hopes my migraine would dissipate. No such luck. I took migraine meds and watched a movie. My husband texted, mentioning he was feeling weak and rundown and asked how I was doing. I told him I wasn't sure if my weak and rundown was just my normal weak and rundown or vaccine weak and rundown. Ah, the joys of chronic illness when you don't know if you're having symptoms due to a vaccine, a chronic illness, or the migraine medication you took!

Our second dose is in a few weeks. We'll have another morning date. And prepare to feel worse within a day or two.

Comments

Popular Posts