[Adventure] in What I Did Today

 

[Adventure 87]

(written several days before posting)

Today I ...

...took my first round of medication, but I don't remember doing so. My husband assured me that I did.

... very reluctantly woke up, ate breakfast, and took my second round of medications. 

...scrolled through TikTok procrastinating getting out of bed.

...answered a couple emails, researched a medication I'm on, printed out the Easter Sunday bulletin, and put another phone call into the hospital where I got my MRI requesting (again) that they contact me about getting a copy of my images to give to my neurolosurgeon.

...finally got out of bed, went to the bathroom, did some dishes, climbed back in bed.

...created images for worship services, edited three hymns, taking the audio files and the image and making them into a movie file. 

... began editing a worship service.

...did more dishes, cleaned up the kitchen a bit.

... made lunch.

... attempted to eat lunch. Took more meds.

... watched YouTube videos with my fifteen year old.

... painted some stuff.

... edited more.

... read a couple chapters of the book for book club.

... contemplated taking a shower.

... talked on the phone with the pharmacy.

... talked on the phone with the doctor heading the medical study my youngest child is participating in.

... did more dishes (where are they all coming from?)

... sent one child to ask another child if they had a plan for dinner, as it's not my night to make dinner.

... created more images for worship.

... edited together a couple sections of a couple worship services.

... created folders for files for upcoming worship services.

... uploaded twenty-something videos and images from my phone to Google Drive and then from there to my computer.

... attended Book Club via Google Meet.

... ate dinner. And took medication round three.

... finished up odds and ends. 

... wrote a blog post.

I did much of this from the comfort of my own bed, trying to get things done and cope with a horrible migraine, a partially dislocated hip, a shoulder that keeps dislocating, and the associated pain. And, before making this list, I felt like I hadn't done much today. Like I'd spent most of the day in bed doing a little here or there. 

Sometimes we don't see the big picture. We don't see how the little things add up. Some days it's not getting the big things accomplished - it's the little things that are important and add up to big things.



Comments

Popular Posts